Monday, August 08, 2011

30 by 30, #5: Climb a tree

In case you aren't familiar with the 30 by 30 Project, here is the original post, with the big fat list.

I climbed a tree this evening. I think the last time I climbed a tree I was probably 6 or 7. And I think I have only ever climbed 2 trees in my life. I have a vague memory of someone falling out of a tree and breaking an arm, and that freaking me out to the point that I no longer had any desire to climb trees. It made me too nervous.

I was reminded of that nervousness as I was climbing the tree today.

I was not made to climb trees. I got up there, sure, and it wasn't terribly high. But man alive, I was nervous about falling. Clark asked if he could come up, too. I said, "Nope. Because I'm coming back down now."

So. I guess I challenged a fear by doing it. That's a good thing. But I certainly won't be doing it again any time soon.


No comments: