Monday, August 08, 2011

30 by 30, #4: Play a full round of Frisbee golf

In case you aren't familiar with the 30 by 30 Project, here is the original post, with the big fat list.

I'm once again sort of cheating on this one. We have a disc golf course right in town, and I thought it would be so much fun to go try it out (knowing, of course, that I wouldn't be good by any means, but it's still fun to get out and try something new). But it turns out we have 2 children. And maybe we could have gotten a babysitter, but we have this complex about finding babysitters - mostly that we don't want to make the phone call and face rejection. Which is ridiculous, I know. So we brought the children. On a sunny, warm (very warm) Saturday afternoon. Can you see where this is going?

We got 5 rounds in, and then the kids were done.

But we still had a (mostly) fun time. If you take out Julia's whining about who knows what, we had a great time! Ella liked running around, I was terrible as predicted, but no one was watching so it didn't matter. We noticed that we weren't the typical golfers, but Clark has already blogged about that. Generally, I liked it. And I'd do it again. Maybe next time we'll get a babysitter and play a full rou




No comments: