Monday, June 23, 2008

Good Eats

I'm really growing up.

Yesterday we had something very special for dinner. We modeled it after something my friend Holly made for us once. Here are the ingredients: chicken, pasta, zucchini, yellow summer squash, alfredo sauce (we used a packet because I like it better than jarred), bacon bits, parmesan cheese.

What on earth makes this special, you ask? It has zucchini and summer squash in it.

What's so special about that, you ask? I was EXCITED to eat the zucchini and summer squash.

Yes, that's right. I was thrilled about cooking and eating my veggies. It was just so tasty when Holly made it, and I've been thinking about it ever since. I kept meaning to get the recipe from her, and I kept forgetting. But then I decided that I could probably figure it out. I found a similar recipe on allrecipes.com, and I felt pretty confident we could make this meal. Oh, I wish you could all have been there for this conversation:

Clark: "What's for dinner?"

Shannon: "Oh, you remember that one time we went to the Charlesworths for dinner and had that squash, pasta, alfredo sauce stuff? That."

Clark: "Oh, did you get the recipe?"

Shannon: "No."

Clark: "You mean we don't have a recipe??"

Shannon: "No, I think we can figure it out."

It was a classic Clark face, full of shock that I was planning on cooking our dinner without any instructions.

In any event, we did figure it out, and it turned out pretty good. Next time we won't add quite as much pasta, and we'll probably add more chicken, but it was still good. And it made me realize how very easy it is to saute some zucchini, so I think I'll be doing that more often this summer. I KNOW, you'd think I was an adult or something.

And because everyone loves pictures of the baby:


Sitting up so big! (with a little [or maybe a lot] of help from mom)

3 comments:

Alex said...

mmmm, that sounds yummy! I need to email you a really yummy zuchini/summer squash recipe that I have. Its baked and with parmesan cheese, all sorts of yummilicious and very easy to make!

Go Julia, way to sit up! (go momma's hand!) ;)

Shanny said...

I would love that recipe, Alex! Send it my way when you get a minute.

Lauren said...

Thanks for posting about this delicious recipe. I enjoyed it myself very much (as did the lucky guy who ate it with me). He even asked for seconds... nice!