Thursday, April 05, 2007

"Something in the Air"

RadioWest yesterday (well, I guess it actually aired on 4/3/07) was all about radio and how it is surviving with the boom of the internet. It's kind of funny to have a radio show about radio. So I'm listening to Doug Fabrizio and Washington Post columnist Marc Fisher talk about the history of radio and how it has molded our culture, it's fairly interesting, when suddenly who should show up but Bill and Kerry of X96! I used to be a Radio From Hell listener, I would listen to it on my commute. Sometimes I'd have to change the station because Bill would be going off on some anti-Bush tirade, and that gets really old in a hurry, but it's a good show. They are funny, they are entertaining, I like them. But, of course, I haven't listened to them since we moved to St George because, well, we don't get X96 down here. Anyway, it was great to hear them on the show, they had some good things to say, and it was quite a switch to hear them having a serious, intellectual conversation. There were still jokes aplenty, but they really had some good insights. And it reminded me of how great that show is, inspiring me to seek out some way to hear the show via the internet. If any of you know how I might do this, pass the info along. I'm looking on their website, but all I see is "Listen Online," which will probably just stream in whatever is on at the moment. I would prefer to be able to listen to the show later in the day. . . any thoughts?

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Yay Kerry and Bill! They really can be serious when they put their minds to it, and of course Kerry is famous for his man-crush on Doug Fabrizio.

On the x96.com main page, there is a link for "Radio from Hell on demand." That should be what you're looking for (though it apparently doesn't work all of the time).

Or you could go straight to here - http://www.x96.com/12605TIME/djs/ondemand.asp

Sabrina said...

Man-crush, huh? Well, Doug is a good-looking man and quite interesting to listen to. I hear he jazzed up Sunday School pretty well.