Monday, November 26, 2007

Pictures! Oh wait, no pictures.

I had every intention of taking pictures this weekend. I brought the camera. I brought extra batteries. I even brought the battery charger, so there would be no excuse. Unfortunately, I was FOILED, YET AGAIN! I forgot to take any pictures on Thanksgiving, but I thought to myself, no matter, I'll take plenty of pictures of the wedding festivities. I forgot to bring the camera to the wedding dinner, but I thought to myself, no matter, Saturday is the big day, I'll get plenty of pictures of that. So Saturday comes. I brought my camera! I even brought the extra batteries! And I knew the batteries had been charged up, even if it was a few weeks ago. The happy couple exits the temple. I pull out my camera. . . . the batteries die. Well, don't worry, I brought extras! Yeah, those were dead as well. I guess 3 weeks of sitting there wears those batteries right out. LAME! I had even brought the charger, but I only had the car adapter, nothing that would plug into the wall, and we weren't driving anywhere the rest of the day. I was pretty ticked. But oh well, what can you do? I was uber prepared, and it still didn't work out. I am not meant to be a photographer.

That being said, it was a wonderful weekend! We had Thanksgiving dinner at the Blockburger residence, and pie at the Anderson abode. We were able to see the Calls, and my good friend Angela. And the wedding was lovely. My mother did a fantastic job of making the bridesmaid dresses, Kim looked beautiful in her wedding dress, the crepe bar was delicious, the cake was masterfully decorated, and we got to see so many people from the Yale ward. I can't think of any major mishaps, which is a good sign. In any event, Kim and Patrick are married! Hooray for them! They really are a cute couple, and they work well together.

Oh, and BYU won. GO COUGS!

No comments: