Thursday, November 01, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Yesterday was Halloween, a day of candy, costumes, and adventure!

If you're under the age of 13.

Seriously, I don't know what adults are supposed to do on Halloween. If you have kids, you can take them trick or treating. If you're single, you can go to a Halloween party. Except I don't remember attending many Halloween parties, and the ones I did go to were usually pretty lame. But as it turns out, I'm not single, and I don't have kids (yet!), so what am I supposed to do? Can Halloween ever be fun for this group of people?

As it turns out, it can. Last night we went over to the Hunts' place and made some Mummy Dogs (perhaps you remember them from last year). Then we ate popcorn and watched a great movie. And it was quite fun. It didn't really feel like Halloween, except for the Mummy Dogs, but we had a good time. So maybe the trick is to treat (wow, I didn't even mean for that pun to come out) Halloween like just another fun day.

No comments: