Tuesday, November 20, 2007

On Saturday Clark and I went to the Jubilee of Trees here in St George. For those of you who are familiar with the Festival of Trees, it's pretty much the same thing, only it feels a bit smaller. The proceeds go toward improving healthcare services for children, which is wonderful. According to the website, "In just the past three years the event has generated nearly $1million for the introduction of Newborn Intensive Care, Maternal Fetal Medicine and a 2nd Jubilee Home featuring special suites for mothers and babies." When I saw that, I thought to myself, wow, we are directly benefiting from this event (seeing as I go to the Maternal Fetal Medicine clinic about once a month). So I decided that we should at least go and support them. And it was actually pretty fun! One of the highlights was the Harry Potter tree (they even had a Sorting Hat! And a Snitch! And so many other things! It was cool!). I thought it warranted a mention on the blog.

Also, IT'S THANKSGIVING WEEK! I love this holiday - good food, lots of family, and the kick-off to the Christmas season! And on top of all that, my sister is getting married! Congrats to Kim and Patrick! We're heading up north this evening so we can be there for all the festivities, and I'm just a little bit excited. I'm also excited for the cold weather, how crazy am I? I just miss all my winter clothes, and I want a chance to wear at least some of them before the belly gets too big. Anyway, hopefully I remember to take lots of pictures this week so I can post them on here next week. But for now, I leave you all with the wishes of a Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: