Monday, July 20, 2009

Verdict

I know you've all been dying to know if I'm going to my HS reunion or not. The verdict is in: I'm not going. Basically, all the inconvenience added up. Two weeks in a row of driving to Salt Lake with a toddler. It's on my birthday. I have to teach in RS that Sunday (and the other teacher can't switch because she will be out of town). And it's $20 per person for a BBQ at a church. Plus the fact that I don't really know for certain who is going to be there, but I know a great many people who WON'T be there. It all adds up to the fact that I don't think it will be worth all the hassle involved. So. There you go. Part of me is sad, because there are a number of people that I really would love to see, but the rest of me is relieved.

On a completely different note, our garden has been producing lots and lots of yummy tomatoes. And I finally found a recipe to use up a bunch of them. Doesn't that sound delightful? If only we had actually planted our herb seeds, then I'd have fresh basil and parsley on hand as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

shucks... maybe I won't go anymore. what a pity shame not to have shanny there so we could discuss only high school inside jokes. I'm trying to convince Stacy to play our sadie hawkins video over and over and over and over and over and over...