Friday, December 12, 2008

Wreathy

I'm not what one might call "crafty." Occasionally I dabble in the craft arts, and usually it turns out looking like a first grade art project. I don't do scrapbooking for this reason. And most of our home decor is somewhat random. I like it, and thus it goes on my wall. Things don't necessarily match, per se.

But this year, I decided I wanted a Christmas wreath. We have a house, we should at least try to make it home-y. However, I was not willing to pay over $20 for said wreath, because, well, we already have enough stuff to buy for Christmas, and our budget is looking pretty sad these days.

Enter Roberts Crafts. I purchased a grapevine wreath and a sprig of fake berries for $7.42. I cut up the sprig and stuck the pieces in the wreath. And then I found a piece of ribbon lying around and tied it at the top. My mother was so kind as to provide the wreath hanger. And then, by a major stroke of luck, Holly had some extra vinyl lettering, so we put that in the middle. Voila!


Celebrate is right, I've got a cute wreath on my door! I am shocked, really, that it turned out so well.

3 comments:

Karen said...

That looks great! I think your probably more artistic than you think. You just need to try it a few times. :) I've tried it, I'm just not.

Celeste said...

That is so cute! I've had the itch for a wreath this year too but I just haven't got around to doing anything about it. I think that yours turned out very very nicely. If you hadn't spilled the beans I might have thought you had a recent trip to Tai Pan. :)

Holly said...

Yay! It looks so cute!