Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I looked out the window and what did I see. . .

So, I made the observation that our neighbors put up a fence last week, but I forgot to discuss the key points of this "new" fence.

First off, look at the fence in the picture below. The new portion is the small bit going from the house to the outside fence. I guess they wanted it to look original or something, because they used the same nasty wood planks. Maybe they are calling it the antiqued look? If you are going to build a new fence, at least make it new. Especially when it's not that big.

A little background on this duplex next door: It has been For Sale since we moved here back in September. The sprinklers were on for a large part of the winter, which made for a very slippery sidewalk out front, and I'm just sure the grass had some sort of mold, I mean really. And there was a large pile of wood that sat on their cement pad all winter long. It got plenty of water from the rain, snow, and continual sprinklers in their yard. And now, as I look closer, it seems that the large pile of rotten wood has gotten smaller. The way I see it, 1 of 2 things happened. 1) Someone finally bought the place and moved in (I did see a dog in the yard all day Monday, which lends credence to this theory). But if that is true, did they see this nasty pile of wood and think, "Oh, that is perfect fence making material!"? And situation 2) It's still for sale, and the owners have just been over a lot more recently, in an attempt to get this place to sell. And if that is the case, how on earth could they think that building that nappy fence would make someone more likely to buy it? And another thought, did they leave the wood out all winter in the hopes that it would "cure" or something? It's just an interesting situation. And since I sit here at the computer every single day, I have lots of time to glance out the window, see what is going on, and speculate. Some days I feel like Jimmy Stewart in Rear Window.

No comments: