Friday, September 29, 2006

Famous?

Clark and I play this game sometimes, it's like 20 questions, but we don't limit the questions to 20. So, you could call it "Unlimited Questions." One person things of something, a noun, and the other person has to guess what it is by asking yes or no questions. It really is quite fun, and we can think up some funny things. It's also funny to hear the questions they ask and apply them to the answer. For instance, last night we were playing and I had thought of "toast." Clark was asking questions.
"Is it alive?"
"No."
"Is it man-made?"
"Yes."
"Is it famous?"
Is toast famous? All people know about it, so in that respect it is. But I don't know many people who would think about toast and think, "One of the most famous foods in the world." Or better yet, "One of the most famous man-made objects in the world." Makes you think about the definition of famous, doesn't it? Lots of people know about rocks, are they famous? Or just the big ones we call mountains? And while we're at it, what about infamous? "He must be so famous, that he is INfamous." Name the quote, and I'll think you are famous.

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Three Amigos! Three Amigos! Am I famous now?

Clark said...

You're related to me, so you must be famous.

Melissa said...

No, no, you are all related to ME, so you are famous! Shanny, thanks for giving us boring stay-at-home women something to read.
p.s. I had no idea on the quote. Come to Texas and we can have a Three Amigo party to better educate me. I'll bring the salsa and give sweaters as gifts! "Look-up-here!"

Suzanne said...

Hey! You! Yooooo twooooo! Lookuphere!

Maybe you are all famous because you're related to ME. After all, who is the one doing the chicken dance in the Fox13 commercials?

Not my finest hour.

Shanny said...

Chicken dance? Is this commercial currently playing? I've gotta watch Fox more. . .

Suzanne said...

Mercifully, I think they have finally stopped playing it. It was one of those "just you watch the best" montages, and it showed Big Budha and some zoo people doing the chicken dance.