Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Randomness.

Well, we finally went to the temple and did a session. Let me just say that the St George temple is beautiful, it's really gorgeous. I would highly recommend it to everyone. But, a funny thing happened while we were there. We got through the session, and we're in the celestial room, just sitting, enjoying the quiet moment of reflection, and this girl comes up to me and asks me if I used to live in Provo, which of course I did. So then she asks me if I know someone named Michael Richards. Flashback: I went on one blind date with a guy named Michael Richards. When I went home for a summer, I met a very nice girl in my parents ward, and she had a brother who was also going to BYU. So in the fall, she set us up on a date. I went, and had a good time, but I never really saw him again. In part that was because it was right in the middle of the whole Tyler mess, I wasn't dating him, and then I was, and then I wasn't. I think his sister asked me if I had fun a few weeks later, and I told her I did, but I was kind of seeing someone. Anyway, I'm thinking, yeah, I knew this Richards kid, but not that well, I'd met him a grand total of once, how would anyone connect me with him? As it turns out, this girl was with us on that date, with her now husband, who is Michael Richards's cousin. She remembers that date so well because they have a picture of them from it, and it hangs on their wall, and it was just such a fun date for them, and now they are married. HOW RANDOM IS THAT? Someone I met once, 4 years ago, and she remembered me, and had enough courage to come up to me after the session and talk to me (for which, I commend her. We need more people like that in this world). And not to mention the fact that we are both now in St George, not Provo. Weird. Life is full of odd coincidences, isn't it?

No comments: