- How to fly a kite.
- How to give a man a haircut (or at least most of a haircut).
- If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Especially in an argument.
- How to be adaptable, especially when moving to a new place.
- Action movies can be fun to watch.
- Numbers are important, and can tell us lots of things about the world.
- How to laugh at a situation. Not every bit of bad luck needs to turn into a dramatic crisis.
- That I love to go hiking.
- That I was never a true nerd in high school. I was on the very outskirts of nerd-dom.
- Also, nerds are cool.
- How to set up a blog.
- The rules of football (we go over this every year; not much retention going on).
- People play professional Starcraft. And other people commentate on the games. And other people watch this. A lot.
- I have talents, and I should take confidence in them and share them with others. I'm actually pretty good.
- What a good dad looks like.
- Everything a husband should be.
How has it been 4 years since I wrote this post? And 2 years since I wrote this one? They are some of my favorite posts. Probably because they are about my favorite person.