Saturday, May 05, 2012

A Tribute to Clark, the Teacher

Things I've learned from Clark:

  1. How to fly a kite.
  2. How to give a man a haircut (or at least most of a haircut).
  3. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.  Especially in an argument.
  4. How to be adaptable, especially when moving to a new place.
  5. Action movies can be fun to watch.
  6. Numbers are important, and can tell us lots of things about the world.
  7. How to laugh at a situation.  Not every bit of bad luck needs to turn into a dramatic crisis.
  8. That I love to go hiking.
  9. That I was never a true nerd in high school.  I was on the very outskirts of nerd-dom.  
  10. Also, nerds are cool.
  11. How to set up a blog.
  12. The rules of football (we go over this every year; not much retention going on).
  13. People play professional Starcraft.  And other people commentate on the games.  And other people watch this.  A lot.
  14. I have talents, and I should take confidence in them and share them with others.  I'm actually pretty good.
  15. What a good dad looks like.
  16. Everything a husband should be.   
Just a small sampling.  My Clarky is a great teacher.  Happy Anniversary.

P.S.
How has it been 4 years since I wrote this post?  And 2 years since I wrote this one?  They are some of my favorite posts.  Probably because they are about my favorite person.

No comments: