Thursday, August 20, 2009

Maps

After seeing this map master, I decided that we'd see what our Julia could do. It took months before I finally bought the maps (one of the USA, one of the world), but they are now up on our walls and we are trying to learn new states and countries every day. Some days Julia is more focused than others, but I think she's doing pretty well for 16 months old.

I took this video sometime last week (you know, when our computer was dead, but not really). Since then she has learned to find Canada, Brazil, Australia, Russia, China, and Arizona. And sometimes California, but that's still a work in progress. And she's gotten much better at finding Colorado. I also think it's funny that she says, "Low," when she finds Texas (I told her once that Texas is low on the map). Appropriate since the Lowes live there.



I'll probably take another video when we get a few more under her belt.

2 comments:

Celeste said...

That's pretty darn impressive if I do say so myself! Way to go Julia. I love that idea.

Judy said...

She knows more than some of my 4th graders when they show up at the beginning of the year!