Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

I know you are all dying in suspense to see what Julia's Easter dress looked like. But you are going to have to wait a little longer, because I did not take a single picture of her in her dress yesterday. Between the rush to wake her up from a nap, get her ready for church, and get to the chapel in time for choir practice, and the rush to get home, strip her down, and get her in her crib for a much needed nap, there was no time for picture taking. Oops. We'll have to have a post-Easter Easter photo-shoot. Classy.

But that doesn't mean I can't narrate the highlights of the weekend.

-The Easter Bunny came to our house on Saturday! Actually, the Easter Bunny couldn't believe how fast Saturday morning sneaked up on him, so he made his drop-off during Julia's afternoon nap. Clark and Shannon got candy! Julia got a book (The Tale of Benjamin Bunny), her dress, clips for her hair, and eggs filled with. . . . Cheerios! Her favorite! So fun! And I actually DID take a couple pictures of this event:


-Julia almost managed to kill herself by falling down the stairs during the pre-church choir practice. She was saved by the oboist. Not everyone can say that.

-I survived teaching another lesson in Relief Society, though I'm not sure how. I think by the power of prayer, because I know I certainly didn't have anything to do with it.

-Julia had 3 bottles of formula at church yesterday. To be fair, two of them weren't full, but still. 3 bottles?! She's got a bottomless pit for a stomach.

-Clark managed to pull off a fantastic performance as the choir accompanist, despite the fact that the director picked difficult songs that no one has ever heard before, and the fact that we don't have a piano to practice on. Smashing job, dear, smashing job.

-I sang a solo. It was nice. Or at least I enjoyed it, which is saying something.

-My skirt did not fall off during any of the aforementioned church events, though there were some close calls. It turns out I've lost weight. Woo! Unfortunately, I didn't take that into account when I put on a skirt that I haven't worn since last summer, and a silky slip underneath. The thing almost slid right off every time I stood up, or if I walked around while holding our wiggly daughter. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the weight loss. I'll just be even more grateful when I have clothes that fit.

-We had ham for dinner! An Easter ham! Much like last year. And now we'll be having leftover ham for the next 2 weeks. 14 pounds is a lot of ham for 2 people. Oh, excuse me, 3. Julia insisted on having some ham. INSISTED. Wouldn't take no for an answer. She loves her pork.

So there you go. An exciting weekend to be sure. And this next weekend will be all the more exciting because someone is having her very first birthday!

2 comments:

ilikewinter said...

Ah! Easter. What a great holiday!

Porters said...

oh cute...I love it! Those are some good updates. I am glad to hear that you guys are doing well and glad to see Julia is cute as ever. :)