- I bought some canvas grocery bags from Harmon's. They were only $1 apiece, and you get 5 cents back per bag each time you use them. I bought 4, so that means I only have to go to the store like 20 times and they will pay for themselves! But really, I bought them because it feels good to help the environment in some small way.
- While we're talking about helping the environment, I would like to point out that we live in a world where talk of global warming is ubiquitous, and people are always looking for ways to save the planet, yet most stores are not pedestrian friendly. I decided to walk on over to Michael's the other day (since I needed to go to the store and go for a walk, why not combine them?), and was reminded yet again that it's much easier for a car to navigate their parking lot than a pedestrian. I mean, seriously, I felt like I was in the middle of the road some of the time, right in everyone's way, but there just wasn't a sidewalk to be found.
- I've been pulling out all my pre-pregnancy clothes this past week. They just don't fit right. But don't you go thinking that I'm just whining about my pudgy belly and wider hips, no sir. Those things were to be expected. I just feel like all the shirts are too short. Is it possible that I got taller with pregnancy? No? Then did I just go around with short shirts before? Maybe. Or I just got so used to the gloriously long maternity shirts that it's almost impossible to go back. In any event, I might need to go shopping for some longer shirts. Oh, and it's a lot harder to wear layers when you are nursing. Also, it's not fun to wear layers when it's hot.
- It's hot. I don't like it. We're only in May. I'm doomed.
- I've rekindled my love affair with NPR. "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" + midnight feedings = happy Shannon.
- It's Mothers' Day this weekend. Happy Mothers' Day! My first Mothers' Day as a mother. And while that is great for me, I can't help but think of all my friends without children, whether it's because of infertility, finances, or life circumstances. My heart goes out to all of you. I'll be thinking about you this Sunday. Hopefully everyone around you will be sensitive to your feelings. And I'll be praying that things will start going your way soon.
Hinton Family Reunion, 2017
1 hour ago