Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Anniversary Adventures

As I mentioned earlier, Monday was our anniversary. Yay! 4 years! And as you may have noticed in the comments from that post, we had a babysitter! Matt and Cheryl were so kind to offer their services. And now they can say that they were the first to visit Julia in the hospital, and they were her first babysitter. Clark was in charge of the festivities this year. (We take turns so as not to put too much stress on any one person. We also trade off with Valentine's Day.) So we went out to dinner at Slice of Tuscany, a new pizza place here in town that I've been wanting to try for a few weeks now. They have a special consisting of 2 slices of pizza (and we're talking big slices, folks), a side salad or soup, and a fountain drink for only $5.95. And for the pizza slices, you can get cheese, pepperoni, sausage, or the pizza of the day, which happened to be Vegetarian Pizza on Monday. So here's the weird thing: Vegetarian Pizza sounded so dang good to me on Monday that I got a slice of that and a slice of pepperoni. And I LOVED it! It had mushrooms, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, zucchini, eggplant, and sweet peppers, and the sauce was a ricotta cheese. I picked off the peppers, but I ate everything else, and it was so delicious. And the pepperoni was excellent as well. And I had minestrone for my soup, which was also very good. All in all, I enjoyed it.

After dinner we picked up Julia (and felt very old: "Well, time to pick up our daughter from the babysitter. . ." yikes), and came home to watch Enchanted. And I LOVED that, too! I thought it was so funny watching Amy Adams run around New York being a dingle-brain. Good work. Apparently numerous people feel that I look like her. I don't really think so. I think it's just the red hair. What do you think?

Oh, also, I got about halfway through the day before I noticed that there was a lamp in our living room. A lamp that I've been wanting for months and months. Clark got it for me and set it up before he left for work in the morning. I had no clue. It totally made my day. Well, that and the fact that it was our anniversary. Really, it was a fantastic day. Thanks, Clark, for making it so wonderful!

2 comments:

Karen said...

That sounds fantastic! I should amend my blog about my anniv, it got slightly better cuz we got delicious Cafe Rio last night. ;) Good food makes anything just about perfect eh?

Anonymous said...

hooray for julia! and how beautiful she is. oh and heads up... i was going through some beatles songs and they have a song called julia. thought that was somewhat cool.