Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

Don't worry, the weekend report won't be nearly as extensive as the week.

Saturday
Clark was a cleaning machine in the morning, in preparation for all the folks coming down for Julia's blessing. Which was more work than it normally would have been due to the fact that we had been out of town for a week, and thus things hadn't been cleaned for a while. Oh, and we also had to finish unpacking and getting everything put away. And take care of a baby. And somehow we managed to cut Clark's hair. It was a busy morning.

At around noon, my Aunt Laura and Uncle Art stopped by on their way up to Salt Lake. It was nice to see them, and have them meet Baby Julia. She was mostly excited about seeing them, and only cried a little bit.

People started arriving in the afternoon, and took shifts hanging out at the apartment. By dinnertime, everyone was in town, so we all went to dinner at the Pizza Factory. Which was delicious, but very VERY noisy, and rather crowded. I would have preferred a quieter setting, but you know, it's hard to find a place that isn't crowded on Memorial Day weekend that serves good food that everyone will enjoy. So Pizza Factory it was, and it was good. We had 16 people in our party: My parents, Clark's parents, Clark's Grandma Meme, Clark's Grandma Stewart, Jessica, Whitney, Kim, Patrick, Brett, Sabrina, Adie, Clark, Julia, and myself.

Kim and Patrick stayed at our place Saturday night, and it was great fun to have them. Especially since we still had to go grocery shopping for the next day's meals, so they got to watch Julia for a little while. Here's a picture of her on Saturday with her Daddy:

Sunday
The big day. Blessing Day. Clark went to church early for Choir Practice. I opted to stay home so that Julia could be fed as close to Sacrament Meeting as possible. Today of all days we wanted a Happy Julia. Kim helped me get her all gussied up, and then we were off to church. Julia did so well during the meeting, up until the last 30 seconds. The closing prayer seemed to last forever. But we made it! And the blessing was lovely, Clark did a great job. I'm so grateful that he holds the priesthood, and that he was able to bless our baby girl. Here she is in her dress:


After church, we all came back to the apartment for some lunch and to take pictures. Unfortunately, I was running around, so I didn't get very many pictures at all. I'll need copies from everyone who took some, wink wink, nudge nudge. I did get a shot of Julia and Adie together, and one of the Millars and Blockburgers.

I look really short in this photo.

Sunday afternoon was spent hanging out, chatting, and recovering from the excitement of the day. We had a spaghetti dinner Sunday night (which was delicious if I do say so myself), and then more hanging out and chatting. At one point, I looked around the room and saw Sabrina talking to my dad about politics; Clark, Brett, and Steve talking politics (it was a popular subject in the living room); and all the ladies around the kitchen table laughing and having a good time. And I thought to myself, "I am so grateful to have all these people in my life." It was one of those moments where everything just felt so good.

Monday
The day of departure. We did manage to hit the St George City Cemetery with my family to visit the graves of our ancestors. And we had lunch at the In and Out Burger, which wasn't quite so in and out as it was the last time we went, but oh well. Still tasty. And then we went with the Millars to The Children's Place, where I found a swimsuit for Julia. And that was pretty much it. Everyone headed home, and they all made it safely there. And Clark and I had the rest of the afternoon to recover and get ready for another crazy week.

Yesterday and today have been pretty normal. Tomorrow Clark leaves for Youth Conference. He'll be back sometime on Saturday. I have a feeling that Friday will be a very lonely day, so if anyone wants to stop by. . . :)

And here are a couple of pictures that are just too cute to leave off the blog. My mom snapped them while we were in Salt Lake. She's just growing up so fast! 6 weeks tomorrow. . .

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

We had such a fun weekend! Thanks for putting up with us crowding your place. We were so glad we could be there to celebrate Julia's blessing. She is such a cutie!

Greg * Steph * Andrew said...

I wish I didn't work on Friday so we could hang out. Hope it wasn't too lonely. I can't believe how big Julia is getting. She looked so cute in her blessing dress.

Karen said...

She looks beautiful in that dress! Pretty soon you'll be wondering how she ever fit that tiny dress. Oye, they grow up way to flippin' fast!

Emily said...

I'm glad you guys had such a fun blessing day, she looks absolutely adorable in her dress! What a doll!