Monday, May 12, 2008

"Dear mother, all flowers remind me of you."

My Mothers' Day was lovely. It started off with feeding Julia (shocker, I know), but then Clark made me chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. Yum! Then we went to church, and only had to be there 15 minutes early because there was no choir! Not that I don't love choir, but sometimes it's hard to get there an hour early, especially now that we have a baby. Anyway, church was lovely; Julia made it through Sacrament Meeting without having a meltdown. Being the organist, I kind of have to stay through the whole meeting, so Clark is in charge during that hour. But he managed to keep her quiet, and she even slept some of the time. Then I fed her during Sunday School, and someone else held her during Relief Society. Originally Sister Stewart held her so that I could lead the practice hymn, but then Julia fell asleep on her arms, so she just held her for the rest of the meeting. It was very nice of her.

Oh, and I received a most lovely gift from the Clarkster - a Children's Songbook! Yeah, we didn't have one before, which is pretty unbelievable. But it made for the perfect Mothers' Day gift! Good job, Clark. And he also got a present for Julia - a new journal! So now she can record the events of her life, like how much she weighs and how long she slept last night (5 hours in a row!). What a sweet husband I have, eh?

And I have to take a moment to say how grateful I am for my mother. She is an amazing woman, and I love that I can call her everyday and she doesn't mind. She got me through those terrible first 3 months of pregnancy with daily encouragement. And I swear she knows everything. I love you, Mom!

On a completely different topic. . . I am a redhead, and thus I sunburn very easily. And yet about once a year, with the dawning of summer, I forget this important fact. Last Thursday I went for a walk and came back with some sunburned arms. My annual reminder that I have to wear sunscreen at all times when I'm outdoors. I'm so not ready for summer.

3 comments:

Heather Bay said...

What lovely gifts! Clark is so thoughtful!

Emily said...

I got my first sunburn of the year last week while doing yardwork, happens every spring. I must always need that little sunscreen reminder. So now I'm sporting a total farmer tan. (I think Blake definitely got our family's fair skin!)

alisquire said...

Tyler gave me a Children's Songbook for Mother's Day one year. Good gift!