Monday, September 24, 2007

The War

So, this weekend was actually really good. No major episodes, I managed to keep lots of food and beverage down. Of course, who knows what today will bring, but as of right now I feel pretty good. Let's hope there are more good days in store for us :)

Last night I watched the first episode of The War by Ken Burns. I'll admit, I fell asleep for maybe 20 minutes somewhere in there, but not because the program wasn't interesting. I was just all snuggly in my PJ's, I had a warm blanket over me, and a cool breeze coming through the window. Conditions were perfect for a small nap. Anyway, it was very well done, I really enjoyed watching it. It made me realize just how many WWII stories there are out there. Everyone who lived through the period has a story, whether they were on the front lines or the home front. It was a war that affected every person in the world in a very personal way. My heart especially went out to the Japanese-Americans who were rounded up and sent to concentration camps. To hear these people tell about how they felt like they had no country, they were citizens of nowhere, it just broke my heart. Episode 2 is tonight. A small part of me would rather watch Heroes, but I feel like this documentary is just more important. Too important to miss. And I'm pretty sure I can watch Heroes online in a day or so.

Now, if The War was on during The Office, that'd be another story. Good thing it plays Sunday-Wednesday.

No comments: