Monday, September 10, 2007

I want this to be over!

I seriously don't know how anyone does this pregnancy thing.

Granted, I think I've got a lot more nausea and vomiting than most people I know. But seriously, this is awful. I just puke and puke and puke. I tried vitamin B6 and unisom. Didn't really work. Tried some phenigrin. Couldn't keep it down. Got the phenigrin in suppository form. That worked for like a week and a half, and then it just stopped working. So I got some Zofran, but it was in pill form, so again, I couldn't keep it down. I got Zofran that dissolves in your mouth. Didn't work yesterday. I just puked and puked and puked. I've been to the ER 3 times now for IV's. I've lost 10 pounds. I woke up every hour last night feeling nausea. I didn't necessarily vomit, but I sure couldn't sleep. I've got bruises down my arm from leaning it on the toilet. I've got bruises on my legs from kneeling on the bathroom floor. I guess you could say I'm about at my wits end.

That was quite the rant. But seriously, I just don't know what to do. And I feel like there is not really anything left for the doctors to do, I've got all the anti-nausea drugs they make. I just hope this is limited to the first trimester, and I'm not one of those lucky few who feel sick the whole 9 months.

3 comments:

alisquire said...

That is so tough. I'm so sorry! At least you don't have to leave the house to go to work though. Hopefully in about three or four weeks you'll be able to get a break!

W.L.Platt said...

One of the nicest things anyone ever said to me while I was going through morning sickness was "Would you like me to shoot you?" A kind and sympathetic friend! I hope you get some relief soon. The only thing that got me through my pregnancy with Rob was Vernor's gingerale - in a glass bottle, not a can - and Gala apples. But now that I've mentioned them, they probably sound terrible. Good luck, and know that we are all cheering you on and praying for you!

PrincessKatie said...

Sending hugs your way> hopefully you will get through it soon. However I do have to say this even thought you will hate it. Be glad you are sick and can tell tht the baby is okay.I alwasy freaked out not knowign so at least it is a good sing. Send you our love! Good luck!