Monday, September 24, 2007

Sunny, with a hint of autumn

Ahhhh, fall is here! I love it! Today I am wearing long sleeves. That's right, long sleeves. And I actually wore real shoes, with laces and everything! I love flip flops, don't get me wrong, but it's nice when you can wear real shoes without your feet getting sweaty. I finished my book (Steal a Pencil for Me) so I went to the library and got a couple more, including A Wrinkle in Time. It's been a really long time since I last read this book, I was probably in the 7th grade or something. But I remember absolutely loving it. Madeleine L'Engle recently passed away, so there's been a little more buzz about her recently. And in today's paper, I read Ann Cannon's column, and it inspired me to go read that book again. After getting the book, I picked up a package of root beer barrels at the store, grabbed my blanket out of the car, and I was ready to go. I went up to the grassy area at the top of our complex, plopped down on my blanket, and read my book. It felt so nice. 73° weather, slight breeze, root beer barrels, and Madeleine L'Engle. It doesn't get much better than that. Well, Danielle came out and we chatted for a while, that was just as good. Really, it's the fact that I wasn't sick and I was outside, enjoying myself. Just a way good day.

As a side note, Happy Birthday, Stewart!

No comments: