Monday, August 28, 2006

Moving right along

Well, the decision has been made. We are officially moving to St. George to become Southern Utahns. We're going down tomorrow to find some housing, and then we'll move probably in the next week here. It's very exciting, kind of stressful, but in a good way. I'll be glad to move, be out on our own again, and doing something different. On that different note, today is my first official day of unemployment! I'm loving it! Sure, I've got tons to do because we are moving, but it's really not that bad. Most of our stuff is already in boxes in our storage unit, so all we have to do is pack the little we kept with us for the summer, pick up the rest, and head on down. It's kind of a lot of driving (particularly for Clark who just went down), but then we'll be settled, and it will feel so good to have all our things back. I miss my kitchen towels, how sad is that? I'm also excited to be back on the high speed internet scene. Most people here at the Blockburger residence just don't have a need for it because they have it at work. I've missed it.

I will miss the piano they have here. We've been thinking about purchasing a piano, but I don't think it will happen for a while. We've got to worry about moving, and then we have to get a couch (our old one didn't make it out of Wymount), and a dresser (they were built-in in Wymount), and get settled, etc. We'll just have to wait on that one. It's been so nice to live in a home with a piano this summer, though. I love playing it.

Of course I'll miss all the family here as well. It's been good to live with the Blockburgers, I think. I feel like I've learned a lot about them as a family, and about living with family. It's been hard, but it's been an overall good experience.

I have a doctor's appt today. That is kind of funny: Hi, I've never met you before, and I'm actually moving, but can you help me out at all? We'll see how it goes.

No comments: