Saturday, August 19, 2006

the end of an era

Well, first off, I won Spider Solitaire today, the medium level. I guess I do that about once a day, but it often takes a lot more than just 1 game. I enjoy the fireworks show at the end. It makes me feel special.

And then, after that glorious moment of victory, I used the new hair dryer. It worked out well. I came to a sad realization that my old hair dryer has been with me since I moved out of my parents' house, way back 7 years ago. That is a long time. And I also realized that I've pretty much had that hair dryer since I started actually doing my hair. Also very sad, I was what you might call a "late bloomer" as far as the world of fashion is concerned. So really, this is the end of an era we are witnessing. But on to the new. It worked, it was quieter, and my hair is just as straight as with the old one, so it's a keeper.

We also went shopping today for various baby gifts. All sorts of people are having babies, it's insane! So we purchased gifts for some of them. It's fun to look at baby things and all, but I just have no idea what people need or want for their kids. For anyone reading this who is having a baby soon, take this advise of mine: REGISTER. It helps all us non-parents out so much, heck, I'll bet it helps parents out, because we don't know what you need or want. Having a baby and getting married seem similar in that you can spend as much money as you want, really. You've gotta have some basics, but all the details are up to you. You can go for the designer crib, the changing table, the dresser, all the clothes (which they will grow out of in like a month), the mobile, the toys, the stuffed animals, the matching crib sheets and rug and blanket, the new paint/wallpaper, and the list goes on. It really can be an expensive venture. But all you really need are some clothes, a place for the tike to sleep, and diapers. I guess car seats are good. And not that those other things aren't good, but sometimes it's not necessary, and sometimes you don't need the most expensive thing at the store either. But the main point is, you are having a baby, hooray! Now register.

No comments: