Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The longest day

Right now I am at work. I am so very bored. It's been a long day, not because I've been here longer than I usually am, and not because it's been a stressful day. It's only been long because no one is here. We had very few patients today, and that is a nice break sometimes, but it sure makes time creep by. I keep looking at the clock, and I can't believe only 2 minutes have passed by.

Only 2 more days of work for me!

I have been thinking about my future a lot lately (hm, gee, I wonder why). I'm trying to figure out where we need to be, because I'd go to either St. George or Evanston, and I'm sure I'd like either one, I just don't know where I'm supposed to be. If anyone has any thoughts or comments they'd like to share, please do. Not that many people read this, but the important people do! And I've been trying to think what I want to do with my life, especially as far as work is concerned. I know that I want a bit of time off, a few weeks or a month or something. But then after that, I'm not sure what I'd be happiest doing. I might want to do something in the physical therapy field, but I might be happier doing something that seems a lot more menial. I actually like secretary work, and I enjoy typing. Or I might want to go back to school, I just don't know for what. It's all so up in the air.

Well, duty calls. Or really just the timer is beeping.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

I hear you on the menial labor thing. I would love to be a secretary and have a job where when I left it was done. There was no project on the horizon with a deadline, etc. But, how long would that be fulfilling? Who knows? I just think it would be amazing to have a job that would really fulfill you. I am sure all jobs are stressful or boring at some time or another, but I am a firm believer that you can find something you care enough about to make it worth your while to spend about 40 - 50 hours of your life each week doing it. Anyway, Shans, I wish you best of luck on finding what you want to do. I guess the first step is finding out where you will be. We're all on pins and needles waiting to find out the verdict.