Friday, October 02, 2009

Ten

10 years ago today (and by "today" I mean "the day before General Conference"), I met my dearest Clarky. It took us a very long time to figure out the day we actually met, but it was indeed the day before conference. Clark and his roommate Dave were at our apartment when I came home, either playing Nintendo or talking about it, I'm not sure which. Clark had already met most of my other roommates the weekend before, when I was out of town. And then someone (Andrew M.) came to tell us that there was a car stuck in the moat, so of course we had to go look while they attempted to tow it out. Many sarcastic remarks were made about the poor driver of that car. Then we went for a walk around campus, and Clark and Dave eventually invited me (along with the rest of my apartment) to come to their apartment for breakfast before/during conference.

I wouldn't say it was love at first sight. But we certainly were fast friends.

What a good day.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

OoohhOOOh. Sweet.

Sabrina said...

And, because of that fateful day, I eventually met Brett, so I like that day too :)

Heather Bay said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww

Unknown said...

I totally remember that day! Wasn't it insane that some ditzy girl drove her daddy's nice car into the canal? I'm so glad that you found out how great Clarky is!