- Mandioca Frita (fried yucca) is my new best friend.
- Having been a vegetable hater for most of my life, I'd never had the grilled vegetables at one of these places. But hello, when they brought around a huge skewer of my most beloved SUMMER SQUASH, how could I say no? Overall, it was good. They were soaked in Italian Dressing, I could have done without that, but they were still tasty.
- Julia liked the sweet potatoes and loved the three cheese mashed potatoes. I gave her a little taste, and she couldn't get enough of the stuff. I had to go back for more just for her. Apparently she likes garlic. Is that bad? That I fed her garlic-y potatoes?
- Grilled Pineapple is every bit as good as I remembered it.
- Good heavens, we haven't even gotten to the meat yet! The meats were good. I don't really love rare meat, so I had to steer clear of those, but for the most part what I got I enjoyed. Chicken wrapped in bacon is by far the favorite.
- I did indeed eat a small part of a chicken heart. Well, they are small to begin with, so I probably ate about 1/3 of a heart. Oh dear. The taste was just fine, it tasted like meat, but man alive, the texture. . . . oh the texture. I took one bite and memories of the anatomy lab came flooding back. "I am eating a chewy, somewhat rubbery heart, that tastes exactly like a heart would taste." EW! I'm gagging just thinking about it. I know it's completely a mental thing, but I don't think I'll ever eat one of those again.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Clark gave a very thorough review of the new Brazilian restaurant in town (Made in Brazil), but I felt I should add a couple of my own thoughts on the subject.