Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Burst of Creativity

I've been a pretty lazy blogger lately. I'm going with the excuse that I've just been sooo busy creating cute things for the house. It's not entirely true (dude, I'm not that creative, 3-4 ideas and then I'm spent), but I'll just go with it.

So here's a look at what I've been creating:

Our plant shelves are becoming less barren! I love the jars of beans. I got the idea from the Parade of Homes. Thank you, Tai Pan Trading, for having cheap glass jars! We've got peas, white beans, and black beans. I guess we could even call that food storage, no? (except that no one in this house eats peas, not even little Julia)
The oranges and limes were another Parade of Homes idea. I found this vase that we rarely use and filled it up. I think it would have worked better with a round vase, but you use what you've got. And I thought it looked nice next to our lemonade pitcher.

And then we have Julia's room. I finally put her blanket up on the wall. It was up in the apartment, but it never made it back on the wall when we moved. Julia LOVES her ladybugs. She points to it every time she wakes up, and we have to go over and touch each ladybug. And then she shows me how soft she can be, because the blanket is soft. It's delightful.
At one of my baby showers (you know, a year ago), they had these cute ladybugs as decorations. I snagged a couple of them, along with a flower, with every intention of putting them on the wall in the baby's room. Time passed, and I just didn't know how to get them on the wall, as they are simply too thick to fit in a regular frame. Well, I decided enough was enough, and I asked for some advice from Jenn M. She advised me to get an open backed frame. I went, and looked, and was about to give up due to high costs, when I found this beauty of a frame. Open back, but it has glass, so I stuck those ladybugs on there, and voila! Cuteness.

So there you have it. That's what I've been up to. Enjoy it now, because I'm pretty sure I won't be creating anything else for like a year (much to the joy of our budget).

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Cute! I noticed your deco when we were there Saturday, and thought it was adorable.

I love the blanket on the wall. We had ours there until Z got tall enough to pull it down (from his crib).

And yay for Jenn's decorating/craft advice. Have you seen their house? She knows what she's doing...!

Megan D. said...

Darling. I like the peas/beans in the jar. :) Very cute.

Celeste said...

So Cute! Way to go shannon. Everything turned out so good! I absolutely love the ladybug frame! I never ever would have thought of that. Good job.

alisquire said...

I like the beans. I may have to steal that idea from you.