Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Return

As it turns out, I'm not dead, and neither is our computer! We had quite the scare after we returned from vacation, but thankfully KC nursed our poor computer back to health, and now we are up and running. KC, we owe you big time.

I could try and play the catch up game, but then blogging would seem like a chore, and I certainly don't need more chores. So, here is the condensed version:

Christmas was lovely, simple, and quiet. We went up north on the 26th, and had a nice visit with family and friends. Julia was not afraid of strangers. New Year's Eve involved going out to dessert after Julia went to bed (Chili's white chocolate molten cake? Oh wow, so good), and falling asleep watching White Christmas. We came back home on the 1st. Clark and I got sick on the 5th. Julia got sick on the 10th. We're all doing much better now, except that Julia seems to have lost all interest in solid foods (even Go-gurt and Cheerios). I'm thinking she just needs a couple of days to get over her first puking experience.

That's it in a nutshell. I don't think I made any official New Year Resolutions, but I have created a somewhat busy little schedule for myself. I've been going to the gym Mondays and Wednesdays, after Julia has gone to bed. We might add Saturday to the mix, or maybe Friday nights, we'll see. I started a new singing group that meets Wednesdays @ 11 (the Keynotes). I've still got my lovely Lieto choir on Tuesday nights. I've started going walking at the mall with someone in the ward on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. I have a playgroup on Tuesdays. And we get to have Craig come over to our house MWF so his parents can go to the gym for an hour or so. That makes me sound pretty busy, but I have still managed to find plenty of time to sit around and pine for the internet. (once again, KC, THANK YOU FOR FIXING OUR COMPUTER!)

There. I feel caught up. Any questions?

1 comment:

Celeste said...

welcome back Shannon! I've missed reading your blog. (And although I've had your computer at my house, it just hasn't been the same:)

Wow, I didn't realize that you had such an intense schedule! If you ever need a break from Craig don't feel bad saying so. Thanks again for watching him.