Friday, January 23, 2009

9 Months

My daughter is 9 months old. I have a 9-month-old baby. How on earth did time go by so quickly? I took her to the doctor today. She is still the happy, healthy baby she has always been. She's getting her top 2 teeth now, and she's been a little bit more fussy (and clingy) the last couple of days. But seriously, she's such a good baby, I really can't complain.

On to her stats:
Weight: 17lbs 11.5 oz, 27%
Length: 27 in, 27%
Head Circumference: 17.25 in, 46%

So she has definitely thinned out. But no one is worried about her weight, she definitely burns a lot more calories these days. And she's well proportioned with her height and weight.

She's doing much better with solid foods. If anything, I am the lazy one who finds it so much easier to just breastfeed than to pull out the food, the spoon, the bib, the washcloth, and sit and feed her. She also prefers to have Clark feed her, especially if it's a new food. So she generally gets one "solid meal" at night, and perhaps one during the day. Not that she skips out on the breastmilk, no sir, she still gets that 6 times a day. But I'm hoping to be better about feeding her solid foods at breakfast, lunch, and dinner times, so she gets used to those 3 meals.

There isn't much else to report. Physically Julia is a very normal baby. I think she's quite advanced mentally, but I might be a little bit biased.

Here's a picture of Julia, Charlotte, and me at the Hoover Dam. (Charlotte is Julia's new favorite doll.) We stopped there on our way back from Tucson last weekend. (Dude, I hate wearing glasses. I can't wait to wear contacts [and actually see out of them] again!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, how cute! Your such a good Mom!