Saturday, October 06, 2007

Sense of smell

I'm back in the land of the living! Yesterday and today have both been good days. I still take it easy, but I'm hopeful that this will be another bout of good days. If nothing else, at least I got 2 days of a break.

Random memory time: You know how certain scents can remind you of things? I always find that amazing, that our sense of smell can pick up on something from years ago, and suddenly a memory is triggered. Yesterday I was putting on some Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea lotion. I wear that lotion a lot, and yet for some reason it smelled just a little bit different yesterday, I'm not sure why. Anyway, I took one sniff and remembered My Little Ponies. I loved those things! I'll never forget when I got one from my Grandma Bo in San Diego, it was a blue pony with pink hair and little pink bow ties on the side (her name was Bow Tie, in fact), and I loved to brush her tail so much that by the time we made the long trek back to SLC, she had no tail. It was all brushed out. But man, I loved that pony. Such a good memory. Way to go, nose!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know why it suddenly smelled different. You're pregnant! EVERYTHING changes!

PrincessKatie said...

LOL I agree with Carrie. Don't you love how pregnancy makes you more aware of all the smells around you? We love my little ponies at our house. Hailey has so many and keeps telling me she is going to ask Santa for more for Christmas. Glad you are having a good few days. Hopefully it keeps up!