Monday, October 15, 2007

Getting Some Relief

I had a pretty good weekend. My dear sweet mother came into town to help me out, which has been just wonderful. There's nothing like your mom taking care of you. Anyway, I had a good day on Friday, a good day on Saturday, and a mostly good day on Sunday. Sunday started out not so good, but by some miracle I managed to turn it around and not puke all day, just for a few hours. I got me some of those motion sickness bands and they actually seem to help. Even if it's all in my head that they are helping, I don't care, I'll take the placebo effect. Any relief I can get is completely worth it to me. So yeah, I've been feeling pretty good.

And we've been feeling the love! On Saturday we got an awesome "feel better" package from our friends, which totally made my day. Just knowing that so many people are out there thinking about us and wanting to help makes me feel better! And my visiting teachers got the Relief Society on the job, so we're going to be getting a few meals and some cleaning help. It just makes me so grateful for the church, and especially for the RS. It's wonderful to be part of a sisterhood that pulls together so well. All in all, good weekend.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Ohhh that is really good to hear Shan! I'm glad you liked the package. :) I used those motion bands anytime I'm in the car while pregnant. I swear it's the only thing that helps me not puke!