Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Good Weekend

First, the pregnancy update: I am feeling a LOT better these days. I still feel the fact that I'm pregnant, but in a much more "normal" way. I get to eat a lot, and I don't throw up much anymore. It's so great. I'm a happy camper. Oh, and I felt the baby kicking the other day. Very fun.

Next, we've had visitors this weekend! First my parents came down on Thursday evening, passing through on the way to my cousin's wedding in Arizona. They'll be staying with us again tonight on their way back up to SLC. It's always good to see your parents. And then Friday evening the Millars joined us for the rest of the weekend. Hooray for the M's and the B's! We worked a game of Fantan in, had a campfire cookout with the Phippens (who were finally in town on a weekend when we were not out of town), and just generally had a great time.

And finally, I bought a blender. I know, it's shocking, we've never had an actual blender until now. We've got a hand blender, and we had a little blender for a while, but it got a crack in it. But I really wanted a fruit smoothie yesterday, and alas, we have NO Jamba Juice in town, so I went and bought a blender. It was on sale, which was great, and it seems to work well. I had my smoothie, and it was excellent. Big thanks to Sabrina for the smoothie instructions, and for telling me to just buy the blender. It's one of those things that I've wanted for months now, but I never go and just buy the thing. There is actually a pretty long list of those. Maybe that should be my Christmas list.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Shan! I am so glad that you are feeling better. I know exactly what you mean about the blender. I've wanted a smaller crockpot for a year now, and they're super cheap but I just never go buy one. You've inspired me to just do it.

Karen said...

Yessss...smoothies freakin' rock! I ate those alot pregnant, good for energy which you don't have alot of while prego.

Suzanne said...

I love smoothies! I use my blender a lot.

Here's how I make them: 2 bananas, 1/2 box of strawberries, 1 cup plain yogurt, honey to taste. For fun, you can add sparkling water for some fizziness.