Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Wait, wait, you're an idiot

"Wait Wait . . . Don't Tell Me" is the NPR news quiz show. It's actually quite an entertaining show. They have panelists on the show, there is witty banter, there are guests, and they even have people call in to answer questions. All in all a great show. So I'm listening to last week's show, and there is a caller from Salt Lake City. They ask him how Salt Lake City is, and he says, "Hot." To which the host replies, "Didn't they know that about Salt Lake City when they settled there? Cause I've been there in the summer, and it gets pretty hot." And the resident of Salt Lake City responds with this gem: "No, I don't think they came in the summer." Um, hello? The 24th of July? Has he only lived in Salt Lake for 2 weeks? Because just a few weeks ago there was a huge holiday, people off work, a parade, fireworks, in honor of the day the pioneers made it into the valley. What an idiot.

5 comments:

Alex said...

wow... thats retarded! ;)

tysqui said...

I really like this show. I listened to the podcast of this show yesterday and I was thinking the same thing. It sure seemed like Mr. Ed Havas from Salt Lake City, Utah didn't actually live in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Shanny said...

It really is a great show, I listen to the podcast every week. I highly recommend it.

Melissa said...

We love that show down here. The boys call it the laughing show. Every time I turn on the radio in the car and they hear talking they are like, "Is that the laughing show?"

Sabrina said...

I've never heard the show, but my mom loves it. Apparently, they came to SLC a few weeks ago and did a live show. My mom went and loved it.

Anyway, sounds like the guy on the show had his head in the sand a few weeks ago. You can't drive anywhere in SLC on the 24th of July.