Thursday, August 16, 2007

Brandenburg

For the last little while I've been looking up postal codes at work. I finally finished a week or so ago (I started them like 3 months ago). Basically they'll have accounts that have an address, but no postal code. So I got to go on a little hunt and find them. For the US, it was pretty easy, just use the USPS website. It was also pretty easy for Australia and Canada, they have similar websites. The UK was a little more tricky, because their website only allowed you to search for 6 postal codes per day, but I managed to find other resources. The countries that speak foreign languages were trickier still, seeing as I don't speak any language other than English, at least not very well. But I managed.

Anyway, that was somewhat of a tangent. As I was working on finding German postal codes, I would also update the State, since it was fairly easy to figure out. Well, every time I would find a city in the state of Brandenburg, I would immediately get one of the Brandenburg Concertos playing in my head. And always this one. Got me to thinking about how often this happens: the original makes you think of the namesake. I was trying to think of another example of this, but it is proving to be rather difficult. Anyone out there have an example?

1 comment:

Alex said...

Hmmm, well sometimes when I'm talking about home(or just thinking about it) I start humming that Frank Sinatra song, "New York, New York!" :) Does that count?