Saturday, November 10, 2012

Gratitude Schmatitude

Um.

Obviously I haven't been living up to this whole "Grateful November" thing.  I get distracted.  I'm forgetful.  I'm overwhelmed at the thought of moving (so much stuff!).  And so I spend my nights watching Once Upon a Time on netflix instead of blogging about things I'm grateful for. 

Also, I'm trying to read Les Miserables.  I now know way more about the Battle of Waterloo than I ever wanted to know (that was the ultimate sidetrack, Mr. Hugo, you are extremely passionate about Waterloo).

Rather than try to play catch-up, or to pick up where I left off and pretend I'm going to do it every day from here on out, I think I'll just call it a draw.  No more gratitude posts, no more guilt.  We'll just call it even and move forward. 

However.  I am, in fact, grateful for my kids.  And I happen to have a bit of footage from the past few days that I've been itching to share.  So you could consider this another gratitude post.  If you wanted to.

First up, I mentioned on Facebook that I sort of love that Ella says "Lock-a-bur" instead of Blockburger, and that Julia says "breafkist" instead of breakfast.  So I got that on video. 



After we got them to speak the desired phrase, they wanted to have a little more camera time, and I let them.  Things get a little goofy, and nothing terribly exciting happens, but it's a good representation of a typical night at our house.  (Eggbert is a chick, in case you couldn't tell.  This becomes important as we discuss his favorite meals.)



And to finish it off, there are few sounds more wonderful than that of giggling girls.  If you could bottle this up, I think you could solve all the problems of the world.  And I'm sharing it with you.  You're welcome.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

I am huge proponent of gratitude but I do support your decision to let the daily post go in order to have some quality relaxation with Once Upon a Time. The Voice is my guilty pleasure and I sit like an unproductive lump on a log in the evenings and enjoy every second of it :)