- Julia has been singing up a storm. She loves to sing her version of Happy Birthday ("Happy to you," over and over again). At least we think that's what it is. Which is strange because we never sing that song. Also, she's started singing Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam. Except Jesus wants Julia for a sun-BIT!
- We put up our 3 fall decorations. . . on Tuesday. Oh well, we'll get one good week out of them.
- I've been busily crafting some Christmas gifts, and they look GREAT! I'd post pictures, but we wouldn't want to ruin any surprises, now would we? I'll post about them after Christmas.
- Having never been to Tuacahn before, we decided it was high time to get ourselves on over there. So we went twice in one week. Once to see the 5 Browns, and then the next week we saw Peter Breinholt with Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband. Both excellent shows. Though, I must say, the 5 Browns, while excellent musicians, could really work on their showmanship. Lots of ridiculous head jerking, and awkward announcing of pieces. I think they are in kind of a hard place - between a classical music performance (where you are given a program, and then you play, and then people clap) and a rock concert (where you talk between pieces, and there is an energy in the audience). Probably didn't help that they were filming the concert to be broadcast on KBYU in March, and thus our applause was scripted (meaning a guy with a sign told us when to clap and when to shut up). And lest you think it was unenjoyable, they really are fabulous musicians. Peter B was delightful, as usual, and Ryan Shupe (along with his band) was highly entertaining.
- My Lieto concert went well, and my solo was great, or at least I think so. I was really glad that I tried out. And I wasn't all that nervous - I was WAY more nervous to audition. I think there is something about knowing people have confidence in you that makes the nerves calm down. In any event, it was a good time.
- I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that Thanksgiving is less than a week away. Where did November go?
13 hours ago