Monday, March 12, 2007

Rob and Amberexia

Last night a momentous thing occurred. We were watching The Amazing Race (as usual), and hoping for Rob and Amber to get eliminated (as usual). But you see, Rob and Amber are actually quite good. They play dirty (which is why we hate them), but the also play hard. The first three legs of this race, they came in first. This means they have an automatic headstart on the other teams before the race even begins. Add in the fact that they are really good at racing, and it just seems impossible that they will ever come in last, and thus be eliminated. But last night, they kept falling further and further behind. We thought it would be close, but we just knew that in the end there is now way they could be eliminated this early on. We're only on leg 4, they'll pull it off somehow. Not to mention the fact that they were continuing to play dirty, which makes people hate them, but unfortunately it works. They trick people all the time, which is completely to their advantage. So we plugged along, continuing to not like them, thinking there was just no way they'd be out of the race.

Imagine my disbelief when they came in last! And imagine my joy at hearing the words from Phil's lips: "Rob and Amber, I'm sorry to tell you you have been eliminated from the race." Oh, there was much rejoicing at our house. It was wonderful. I just had to share.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh no. Can you actually say you would rather watch Mirna and Chirna than Rob and Amber? Those two drive me crazy! I hated them the first time, and I still do. "Waaa, I can't believe no one will just give us the answers and do all our tasks for us, and I bet if I speak to these people with a funny accent they will understand me better." Oh and how about the interview the taller one gave about how she has to work harder than anyone to make up for her cousin's "shortfalls." Except that in every interview they say "We can do anything they can do!" Arghhh! They kill me!

Melissa said...

p.s. And they can't do anything without full on screaming at each other. Rob and Amber are sooooo much cooler.

W.L.Platt said...

I have to agree with Melissa. I was sorry to see Rob and Amber go if only because I so much wanted to see the end of the whining cousins. In fact, I thought Rob and Amber made for pretty good TV. Oh well, they are sure to pop up on another reality show soon. And in the meantime, Rob can watch himself shoot himself in the foot in living color, as Amber says, "Let's do the other challenge! We're losing time," and the camera details Rob's sloppy search for their letter. Rob has only Boston Rob to blame. Now if we could only get rid of Sanjaya!

Shanny said...

Now, I can understand not liking the annoying cousins, they really are annoying, but in my opinion they have a much greater chance of getting off sooner. Rob and Amber were just too good (I still can't believe they got the boot), and I just thought that we'd have to deal with them for the entire season. And I'm pretty sure we will see them again. Hello? "Survivor." "Survivor: All Stars." "Rob and Amber: the Wedding." "We have a new show on cable TV." WE ARE SO DONE WITH ROB AND AMBER.