Sunday, March 18, 2007

Emerald Pools

Clark mentioned that I'd give you more details about our hike, so here they are. We went back to Zion (it's a our new favorite place) and hiked to all 3 Emerald Pools. It was a nice little hike, not too steep, and it's always nice when your hike has a destination. And it wasn't deep sand! It makes it much easier when the earth beneath you doesn't slide around. I particularly liked the part where we walked under the waterfall, and the tree growing in the rocks (I call it my "Tree Grows in Brooklyn" tree). We plan to go to Zion as often as possible, it's beautiful up there.

Oh! And we got a park's pass! So now we can go to any National Park we want to! Happy Late Birthday, Clark! (It was my birthday gift to him, but I didn't want to buy it before his birthday, since it's only good for a year from the date of purchase, so we waited until we were actually going to the park and paying for ourselves to get it. Complicated, I know.)

3 comments:

Alex said...

So pretty!!! I miss Utah so much... me jealous. *sigh*

W.L.Platt said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. It's great you can hop on over to Zion's so easily from where you live. And now that you have the "Park Hopper" pass, you could also visit the Cabrillo National Monument here. Let us know when you are coming!

Sabrina said...

The Parks pass is such a great investment especially for you guys. I think you should do Angel's Landing next, such an awesome hike!