Wednesday, July 24, 2019

40 by 40 #35: Eat Pie From Burr Trail Grill in Boulder, UT

I'm pretty sure you all know how I feel about pie. I might just be a tiny bit obsessed. Someone shared with me a list of the best place in each state to get some pie, which is when I first heard of Burr Trail Grill.  I said to myself, "Um, there's no way this restaurant in the middle of nowhere is the best pie in Utah." But then I heard it straight from someone who had been there that it was, in fact, amazing. Thus began my quest to get to Boulder. 

Where is Boulder, UT, you ask? Well, it's close to nothing in the middle of nowhere. When we planned that trip to Capitol Reef, I noticed that Boulder, UT was only 53 minutes away, which is the closest I'll ever be, and so I made it priority to get. that. pie. The rest of my family thought I was crazy to want to go so far out of the way for a piece of pie, but I insisted.  And let me tell you, none of them thought I was crazy after they tasted this pie. 


I got the peach, since peach is my favorite. Oh my heavens, it was fantastic.  The crust was so flaky, the peaches were so sweet and delicious...it was most definitely worth the drive. I don't know when I'll be back, but I plan to be back.

40 by 40 #35: Eat pie from Burr Trail Grill in Boudler, UT: 🗹

1 comment:

Kay Hinton said...

I love reading your 40 by 40 adventures. You are such a good writer. Now I have to go to Boulder, I guess.