Tuesday, October 27, 2020

40 by 40 #29: Read a Sherlock Holmes Mystery.

It's been a while since I completed this task. I created a blog post for it in July 2019, but then never wrote anything in it. Whoops! 

 For this challenge I selected the Hound of the Baskervilles. It seemed to me that this was an iconic Sherlock Holmes story, being made into over 20 film and television adaptations (including every 90s child's favorite, Wishbone). I was surprised to discover it is one of only 4 Sherlock Holmes novels, most of the famous detective's adventures being in the short story form. 

It's been a while now since I've read it, but I remember I read it in the month of October, and I felt that was a marvelous choice. It had plenty of suspense and mystery, and moved fairly quickly, despite being written over 100 years ago. It would make a great Halloween read if you are still looking for something to spook you this week.



40 by 40 #29: Read a Sherlock Holmes mystery: ☑

No comments: