Friday, January 19, 2018

Looking Forward to 2018

I sat down on January 1st and thought about what I hoped the coming year would bring.  I had a few ideas on some things I wanted to make happen, resolutions if you will, but they seemed a little too big to complete in one year.  Then I looked back at my list of 2017 resolutions, and felt a bit of chagrin that 30 by 30 ended up being 30 by 36.  Then I realized that 36 is not that far from 40, and well...instead of creating a list of resolutions for 2018, I put together my 40 by 40 list. 

I'm going to create a separate post for the actual list (to make it easier for me to find when I want to reference it), but know that most of my "resolutions" for this year will be to work on that list.  However I've also been thinking of all the things I hope will happen in 2018, and here's what I've come up with.

I hope our little family is in a different situation next January.  I hope Clark has a job, we have a home, and we feel settled.  I hope we remain in the Wasatch Front, where we can attend all the family events, from Sunday dinners and birthday parties to baby blessings and weddings and everything in between.  I hope my girls find themselves at a school they love with friendships that can last for years.  I hope we spend a lot of time in the mountains, in all seasons.  I hope can meet new friends and reconnect with old ones.  I hope I can offer a little more compassion to those who cross my path, and I hope I can send a little more kindness out into the world to ease the pain and suffering that is everywhere.

Here's hoping, 2018.  Be kind to us all.



No comments: