Friday, July 26, 2019

40 by 40 #10: Go to Music and the Spoken Word


I lived in Salt Lake City for the first 18 years of my life.  Then I moved all the way to Provo for the next 4 years.  I spent another year in Salt Lake, and another 2 years in Provo.  That's 25 years.  After that, we lived in St George, and visited the Salt Lake area on a regular basis.  Once we moved to the Midwest we spent less time here, but we still made the trek back once a year.  And now I've lived in the Salt Lake Valley for 2 years.  And you know how many times I went to Music and the Spoken Word?  Once.  One time.  That's it.  All those years, all that time living in Salt Lake, and I only went once.  So I slapped it on my 40 by 40 list.

And then my awesome friend Larrie saw my list, and said she would go with me.  This by itself would be a wonderful thing, because it's always better to have company, and especially someone like Larrie.  But even better: Larrie's mom is the Concertmaster of Orchestra at Temple Square!  So we got to sit up close, like 3rd row close.  I don't think I've ever even walked up that close in the conference center, let alone sat there!  It was magical.  The music was beautiful, the spoken word was uplifting, and it was a wonderful addition to my Sabbath day worship. 

It's been almost a year since we went, and now I kind of want to go again.  Maybe take my kids so they don't repeat my mistakes.

40 by 40 #10: Go to Music and the Spoken Word: 🗹

No comments: