Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Unprecedented!

Last night Clark and I were eating at the Golden Corral (no, this was not Clark's decision) with the Young Men and Young Women. Suddenly, Clark leans over to me and says, "Um, do you know what song this is?" It took me a minute, but then I realized, it was GUSTER! Satellite from Ganging Up on the Sun, to be more exact. This was shocking because 1) I haven't heard any songs from Ganging Up on the Sun on the radio (even though they were out there), and 2) Satellite wasn't even one of the singles from that album. And they were playing it at the Golden Corral of all places! It totally made my day. I'm wearing my Guster shirt today in honor of the experience.

I also went to the doctor today for my regular check-up. He walked into the room and asked, "What's Guster?" So now my OB knows about Guster, woo hoo, getting the word out! Anyway, 2 good things happened at this visit. First, he took a listen to my heart, and it sounds even better than it did last week. Yay! And second, he took a listen to the baby's heart, which sounded great, but it was interrupted by 3 little blips. Apparently the blips were kicks. Kicks! The baby is kicking! I can't feel it yet, but soon.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Guster in Golden Corral...awesome! It amazes me how many people haven't heard of them...do they realize they are missing out big time?

Ohh...I am excited for you. Feeling those first kicks is incredible!

Alex said...

Hmm... I'll have to be the first to be flogged... Guster who? No, I'm serious... no idea who they are.
Congrats on the kicking, that must be such an amazing experience!