Saturday, September 02, 2006

This is it, don't get scared now.

Well, this is it. The pressure is on. This is big number 8. It'd better be good. For those of you who don't know, 8 is my absolute favorite number. I guess it has something to do with being born on 8/8.

Today was a pretty relaxing day. We starting packing some things, and I came to realize that we have a lot of stuff. We packed up everything we owned in April and trekked up to Salt Lake, where most of our things went into storage. Then we took the stuff we thought we needed with us and came to Clark's parents' house. We were a bit limited on space, so some of that stuff was kept in a large suitcase (just some more wintery type clothing, long-sleeved shirts, cords, things like that). About a month ago, Clark's sister came to visit, and we had to move out temporarily, so we gathered together what we thought we would need and put the rest further back in the closet. We've been back here for like 3 weeks. And I forgot about half the things we owned that are here in this house. Packing that stuff up made me remember all the boxes and boxes of things that are tucked away in our storage unit. It is a testament that we can live without those things, we did just fine. But it is also a wonderful thing to remember that you have stuff! We have furniture! We have our own, comfortable, lovely bed! We have books of all kinds! We have dishes! I'm so excited for my blue glasses that I can hardly stand it. I love those things! And I think it's a good thing to rediscover all the things you love. It's like Christmas, only instead of getting new things, you are getting familiar things. And I think that is almost better.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Yay, I found Shanny on the interweb!