Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Church = Good

Well, I must say, I love the church. We went to church on Sunday. It was good. It was great, actually. No, I didn't talk to anyone new, didn't meet anybody, but it was just good. I might not know a soul in our ward, but I know that they are all members of the church, and they all have testimonies, and they all are nice. I really needed to go to church this week. Things were said in the sacrament meeting talks that just really hit home. And the Relief Society lesson was exactly what I needed to hear. I don't know if other wards are on the same lesson, but it was all about family history and saving the dead. So, hello, I have very little to do, we have a temple in this city. . . put it all together and what do you get? HAPPINESS! I haven't been to the temple yet this week, I'm waiting to go with the enrichment group we have on Friday morning, but I am going to go. And that thought is enough to make me happy. I also would like to do some more family history work. That gets to be a little bit more frustrating because I don't know where to start, or really what needs to be done. I even took a class on this, I have started many times, and I always just get to a point and I really have no idea what to do. Gotta work on that. And the stake extraction program needs helpers. I've moved to St George and become an old woman, I love it! I could even try to do some temple work, maybe. I'm kind of thinking that I'll try to find a part-time job, that way I can still be housewife extraordinare, and have some income, and have something to do, and have time to do other things that i love to do. I'm feeling much more motivated this week, and excited about the prospect of doing things I like to do.

Clark is working overnight tonight. He did this last night as well. I don't sleep well when he isn't with me, and especially not when I am home alone. I had a bad dream on Sunday night, woke up at 5 am terrified that someone was going to kill me, and even with Clark there I couldn't sleep. And then, of course, the next night all I could think of was that dream. Silly, I know, but for some reason it doesn't seem as silly when it's late. I kept turning off the light, freaking myself out, turning on the light, reading until I was tired, and then the cycle repeated itself. About 4 times. I am sure that if anyone could see our bedroom window they would think I was crazy. On and off, on and off. But I finally got some sleep. Not much, but some. I'm tired tonight, I'm hoping that I just zonk out quick. And tomorrow it is back to normal, hooray! I'm even thinking I might take a bath tonight. I haven't done that in years. Oh, I know the last time I took a bath, it was after I climbed Mt Timp, the next day, I thought I was going to die, and a hot bath sounded so good. So I did it. Yeah, that was about a year ago. HA, time for my annual bath. Admit it, I'm hilarious.

1 comment:

mindy said...

I just randomly came across your blog. I just wanted to say that I'm sure there are tons of people who feel the way you do. Church is great. Thanks for the reminder for me today. I also don't know very many in my ward since I am also new. Good luck in St. George!