Saturday, December 03, 2016

Light of the World Day 3: Jesus Helped Others to See and So Can You

You can find more information here

I read John 9 today (about Jesus healing a blind man and all the flack the now-seeing man gets from the Pharisees for it), and thought about how we can help others to see.  I had this great vision that we would go around the dinner table as a family and share one good trait about each person, helping them to see themselves more clearly.

Instead we ate at Wendy's because no one wanted to do the dishes.  In the car on the way there I started telling Ella how helpful she has been lately, but was met with, "I'm getting bored."  So then we had a bored Ella and a grumpy Shannon.  Julia tried her best to smooth things over (one of her good traits), but Bored and Grumpy overrode her.  That was the last we talked about how we see each other.  My mothering skills just can't be beat.

But I did read that scripture.  And thought about blind people.  So I guess the day wasn't a total wash.

No comments: