Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Maddie Spohr

The death of this sweet girl has weighed heavy on my mind for the past week. I found Heather's blog sometime after Maddie was born, but when I was still pregnant. I followed her on and off ever since. I enjoyed watching Maddie's progress, comparing it to Julia's, and I really love Heather's writing style. It had been a while since I last checked her blog, so I was shocked to hear that Maddie had passed away. I don't even know these people, but my heart goes out to them. I'm thinking of them and praying for them. Today is the funeral. I hope they make it through this difficult day. No one should ever have to go through that.

I'm wearing purple today, in honor of Maddie. I thought it was appropriate that it's a cloudy day, it matches my mood. While I was out taking the picture of my purple shirt, I found one of the first roses in my garden. I thought that was a lovely sign that life continues, and there is still beauty to be found, even when our hearts are broken.

No comments: