Monday, January 15, 2007

The Hanukkah Make-Up

Back before Christmas, I came to the realization that I was running out of my Mary Kay foundation. This is unfortunate because I don't actually have a Mary Kay representative that I regularly go to. I had one, but she was constantly calling me to see if I wanted more, and while I realize she is just doing her job, it got to be very annoying. I didn't want to encourage her to call me, so I couldn't get it from her. For the last 6 months I've just been randomly finding out about the friend of a friend who does Mary Kay and getting it that way. Well, now we've moved to St George, and I don't know anyone down here who does the Mary Kay. So I decided to order it from online. This was on December 15, so I thought that would allow plenty of time for it to get to me before we left for the holidays. Alas, on December 21, the last day we received mail before we left, it hadn't come. My tube was looking emptier and emptier every day, and I was just sure that I would run out on Christmas Eve or something, and then I couldn't get any until the day after Christmas, and, since I'm a girl, the world would end without my make-up! (I'm not really a make-up kind of girl, but the few things I wear, I can't go anywhere without them.) So I bought some at Target, Cover Girl to be exact, which has always been hard for me to do because, as I just said, I'm not a make-up girl, and I don't know how to try new things. There are just too many brands and types and colors. But you have to do what you have to do, right?

Fast forward to now. Um, that tube of make-up still hasn't run out. I am squeezing every last drop out of it, and every day I feel like that will be the last day. But no. It's still coming. I received the Mary Kay stuff in the mail, and I still haven't opened Cover Girl stuff. Clark asked me how the non-Mary Kay make-up was working out yesterday, and I told him that I was using my Hanukkah make-up still. Because that is what it is like - a miracle occurred so that I wouldn't have to use the other stuff. It's a tale that I think will be told at the Blockburger Hanukkah table for years to come.

2 comments:

Alex said...

Did the Hanukkah Armadillo bring you your new MK foundation? ;)

Melissa said...

Or was it his friend Superman?